Ref no: 0227#
Date: Wednesday , November 30, 2011
In ''Bahishti Zewar'' it is written:
''It is mentioned in a Hadith: "That person's wudu is not complete who does not send salutations (durood) upon me." And in another Hadith, the time for sending durood is after completing the wudu.''
I would like to know these ahadith and whether they are sound. Also is there any narration that durood is to be read each time washing limb in wudhu ?
Muhtaram / Muhtaramah
In the Name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāh wa-barakātuh.
1) Hafiz Sakhāwi (rahimahullah) has dedicated a chapter in his book “Al-Qawlul Badi” to the times and occations a person should send Salāt upon the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). He has enlisted “After Wudhu” as the first one.
He has quoted the narration of Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Masud (radiyallahu anhu) wherein Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) has advised: “when one of you completes his wudhu, he should recite "أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله و أنّ محمدا عبده ورسوله" thereafter he should send Salāt upon me, the doors of mercy will be opened for him”.
This narration has been recorded by the following Imāms in their respective books:
Abu-Shaikh (rahimahullah), Abu Moosa Al-Madini (rahimahullah), Dāraquthni (rahimahullah) Baihaqi (rahimahullah) and others.
The Muhaddithun have classified this narration as weak
2) As for Hadeeth mentioned “That person’s wudhu is not complete who does not send salutations (durood) upon me” is recorded by Tabrāni in his Mu’jamul-Kabir (5698). This has also been narrated with a weak chain(Al-Qawlul Badi, Pg.360).
However, the Muhaddithun and Fuqahā have allowed practising on a weak narration in such a case.
3) With regards to what should be recited when washing each limb in wudhu, Ibn Hajr Haitami (rahimahullah) has quoted the following to be recited when washing each limb during wudhu,
"أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وحده لاشريك له و أنّ محمدا عبده ورسوله”
He has quoted Mustagfiri (rahimahullah) to have classified its chain to be sound.
And Allah knows best.
And Allah knows best
· The Sharée ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
· The Darul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Darul Ifta being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
· This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Darul Ifta.